Student Success Center
Academic Support Services
The Student Success Center provides academic support to all students through a host of programs and advising services.
Career Support Services
The Student Success Center assists with connecting students and alumni to a diverse range of career opportunities.
The Student Success Center is devoted to delivering complete wrap-around services to help students build resilience, confidence and skills to ensure college persistence and to prepare them for employment in a rapidly changing world. Our approach is informed by a strengths-based advising model, to include intrusive mentoring and the addition of trauma-informed practices. Supporting student development and success through these additional lenses, which are grounded in positive psychology, will greatly enhance our impact. These services consider the whole student and ensure a robust continuum of care that enables us to reach students where they are. These services are especially critical for our at-risk student population, non-traditional students and commuter students who are most vulnerable to attrition. However, these techniques also remain relevant to the high-performing student as they allow for a personalized approach for each individual. The inclusion of enhanced and holistic student employment services in the Student Success Center also provides a much needed training ground for career competencies.
To empower students to actively shape their lives and hone their academic identity through intentional coaching, mentoring, and planning for life after graduation.
The Student Success Center provides students with personal, academic and career support to persist at the institution, ultimately equipping them with the skills to become democratic citizens, achieve professional success, and lead lives of personal meaning and value by:
- Implementing a strength-based advising approach to support academic identity and career development that prepares, supports, and educates students to persist to graduation and succeed in an ever-evolving workplace.
- Encouraging performance learning through transformative experiences that connect academics to professional success.
- Cultivating a strong sense of self-advocacy and personal brand identity that empowers students throughout their journey in becoming the best versions of themselves.
- Utilizing the framework of trauma-informed practices to provide a personalized coaching experience that addresses all barriers to retention, persistence, and success.
- Collecting and utilizing relevant and timely data to support best practices for academic and career- related initiatives.
Attention current students: If you have not filed your ‘23/24 FAFSA, and are an Illinois resident, you may be eligible for the state of Illinois MAP grant. The filing deadline is TODAY. Click Here for more info.